Polly Ely, MFT welcomes you to an 8 class evening series for any person who wants to become less reactive in their life. If you feel like you could benefit from slowing down your reactions, giving yourself some limits or understanding better how to tolerate uncertainty/ feelings, this is the LAB series for you.
Reactive people tend to be/feel/behave in one or more of the following ways:
1) Want to control the circumstances and people around them in order to feel better
2) Externalize their feelings of overwhelm, hurt and fear by shutting down, acting out, walling off, threatening, attacking, controlling others and becoming defensive.
3) Criticize and manage others with a sort of hyper-awareness of their flaws
4) Feel as though they are under attack or fearful of being criticized
5) Be sensitive people who never learned how to manage all the feelings that surge in them
6) Feel a sense of urgency when uncertainty is present and have a hard time with not knowing how something is going to be resolved
7) Have triggers that remind them of old historical unprocessed pain which can lead others to feeling like they need to walk on eggshells around the reactive person.
Dates: Wednesday evenings 1/22, 2/5, 2/19, 3/4, 4/1, 4/15, 4/29, 5/27
Location: 100 Tamal Plaza, Suite 260, Corte Madera
For humans of all kinds and all genders. (You don’t have to be a parent for this one)
Registration will open for this class in early January, 2020