We're often asked about what tools parents can use to manage technology at home. The following list is a good start, and updated regularly.
The Technology Agreement
Please feel free to use (and edit) this agreement according to your family's needs and values. This is a living breathing agreement, not just a simple contract. Download to find out more.
There are many tools now being made available to parents that enable you to limit or restrict internet access at home. In fact, you may already have some of these tools at home now:
- Manage Wi-Fi network screen time using a modern Wi-Fi router from Eero or Google
- Comcast Xfinity now has parental monitoring as part of their home internet service
- Limit access to pornographic sites for FREE with openDNS
- Schedule downtime from distracting apps and social media site with Freedom
- Use ourPact to turn off ALL non-apple non-native apps for big chunks of the day